Friday, June 4, 2010

It's been a long day.

It's been one of those days. I'm exhausted and sore. Ethan only took an hour and a half nap and I didn't have time to relax. He has wanted me to do everything with him today, which is unusual for him. He plays well alone and keeps himself pretty well occupied when I need to get things done around the house. Not today, I had to color with him, play with play dough, splash in the water, throw the ball around. I know I need to savor these moments because one day he won't want me around, but sometimes it's just hard. And now Brett thinks he might have broken his big toe and is limping around, moving at too slow of a pace for me. And I'm not doing a good job at having sympathy.
So I'm tired. 
But one thing has brightened my day. 
I was trying to find something for us to do and naturally I thought we should bake.
So I made a batch of these. 
 They are my Grandmi's Sugar Jumbles recipe and I haven't made them in so long. They are delicious!
Oh and these are sitting on my counter in the kitchen and it is taking everything out of me not devour all the contents in one sitting.

1 comment:

Rad Runner said...

tHose Cookies look glorious darling.. just GLORIOUS! As for coloring, playdoh, splashing in water and throwing the ball around, just give E dog my number..