It's been one of those days.
One where everything seems like it should go fine but then little things throw it into a tail spin.
Here's the rundown:
* Jacob woke up at 5:15, enough said.
* Ethan slept too late this morning.
(Some of you might be thinking, "How wonderful." Wrong. That usually means no nap.)
* Ethan didn't want to brush his teeth which resulted in a meltdown outside for all the neighbors to hear. Wonderful.
* I had on a cute outfit when I left the house and was going to take a picture of myself but didn't have time. As I drove the car, talking on my cell (hands-free), and eating yogurt I spilled some on my sweater, my phone and my seat.
Why on earth did I ever think eating yogurt while driving was a good idea?
And now, no cute photo.
* I dumped half the contents of my diaper bag in the middle of the Target.
* I discovered much too late that Ethan had been leaving a trail of popcorn throughout Target.
* Got charged double, three times at Target, only to find out when I got home.
(needless to say, Target was not my friend today)
* In 5 minutes I managed to spill coffee on the front of my white shirt, break a mug and shatter a bowl.
All while Jacob tried to unload the dishwasher, fell and smacked his head on the floor.
* Ethan did not nap.
* The cooking rice boiled over onto the newly cleaned stove and the chicken I cooked wasn't so yummy.
Most of the time when stuff like this happens I get mad, sometimes really mad, and I let it ruin my whole day. I get short with Brett and snappy with the kids.
But not today.
I didn't let it bother me. I just laughed it off. Let it all slide off my back.
I'm finally learning that everything doesn't have to be perfect all the time and I don't have control over the situations in front of me.
But I do have control over my reactions.
I'm often quick to react negatively and slow to react positively.
A horrible trait that I am not proud of.
So I'm learning and teaching myself to be the opposite.
It's hard work, but worth it, for me and my family.
Because in the end I want nothing more than to be the best I can be for these three guys.
|Brett is going to hate me for putting up this photo, but it's the only recent one I've got. Love you, Babe!|
I'm linking up here...