Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm Spicing Things Up: Tortellini Spinach Bake in Creamy Lemon Sauce.

I love cooking dinner. 
I don't love cooking dinner while the kids are awake. 
Ethan always wants to help, which is good sometimes, and Jacob usually is right at my feet.
So when I find a recipe that is tasty, simple and can be put in the fridge, I'm all over it.

I found this recipe over at Our Best Bites, just click here and it can be yours too.
I was a little hesitant to make this at first because cream sauces are not always my friend, but this one was not overly rich. Perfect.
And if you are a lemon fan, like me, you'll enjoy for sure.

Here's what you need.
Pretty basic stuff.
The recipe calls for real bacon but I used turkey bacon. 
First, we already had it, and second, it's better for you.
If you choose to use turkey bacon I suggest that you add a little olive oil to the pan while cooking it.
That way you get the "bacon drippings" the recipe calls for.
I didn't have 2 Tablespoons and it tasted just fine. 

Tortellini Boiling and Sauce Simmering.
My sauce didn't get real thick, probably because I used 1% milk, but it was still great.

Right before the oven.

Ready to eat.
I had to cook it a little longer than the recipe suggested probably due to being in the fridge, but it didn't get crispy at all. 

It was really, really good. And you don't need a lot of it to fill you up.
We had some garlic sourdough bread and salad on the side. 
Yum!
Make this today. Really you'll love it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

looks so yummy!