Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sweetness {Sugar Jumbles}.

It's no secret that I love dessert. 
I love anything that's chocolaty, gooey, sugary, and sweet.
I just don't need to be eating it all as often as I do.
So once I week I'm going to indulge in my love for sugar and I will bake. 
I love baking almost as much as I love dessert, so this is a win win for me.
I plan on baking some of my favorites as well as things I've never tried before, like a pie.
Pies scare me.
I don't know why but they do.

So this week I made an old favorite of mine, Sugar Jumbles.
I'm sure many of you have made these several times too.
I love that they are simple, good, and I always have the ingredients in my cupboard.

First thing you'll need is a helper. Mine's always at the ready.
Then cream together:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
In a separate bowl combine:
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
Add the flour mixture to the cream mixture.
 Drop by the teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
The end result...
Add sprinkles if you wish, or don't, they're just as good plain.
And Enjoy!

I'm linking up here...

3 comments:

Sugar Swings said...

great helper and sweet looking cookies!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

laugh. out. loud.
pies scare me too!! i made one wonky crust and am too discouraged to try again:)

these look yummy and easy!
happy weekend to you!

Gee said...

Grammie would be so proud!! AND...pies...terrifying!! Not sure why...just the truth!! I'll bake just about anything but pies!!