Monday, May 16, 2011

A Belated Mother's Day.

Brett and the boys didn't celebrate Mother's Day for me this year on the actual day.
It was our last day of camping and we were traveling home and really that's no way to celebrate.
Brett had told me that I would get a belated Mother's Day this year, which was fine by me.
So Sunday was my day.
I didn't wake up with the baby and I slept in (well if 7am is sleeping in).
I soon was sat down at the table to this...
The paper, coffee, breakfast, and a basket filled with goodies for the day. 
I also got freshly squeezed orange juice which has never happened. Nice touch.

Before getting ready for the day, the boys and I had a little jam session...

Then we headed out to lunch.
We went to one of our favorite spots, Wahoo's, and we ordered these...
Baja Rolls...So good!

We tried to get a picture of me with the boys...
At least Ethan was looking.

We loaded up in the car after lunch to find out the battery in the car was dead.
Usually stuff like this really irritates me but I think I was too relaxed to care.
My Grandpa came to our rescue and then we were on our way home.

I then left the house for a little alone time to shop and get a pedicure...
 I can't remember the last time I had a pedicure. I was so relaxed I almost fell asleep in the chair. I could have easily stayed another hour. 

That evening the boys went to my Grandparents house and Brett and I headed out to dinner.
We had a gift certificate to a great fish restaurant in our area and ate until we were about to burst. 
It was a fabulous day.
Hope all you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day too.

3 comments:

Erin said...

so relaxing! :)

grey rose (they/them) said...

how nice! seriously, mamas can celebrate any day! you've got such sweet boys in your life ;)

xo

Gee said...

Delightful!! :)