Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving {and a new tradition}.

While we were having dinner tonight we went around the table saying what we are thankful for.
Ethan replied, "I'm thankful for my whole garden and my whole family."
So simple and sweet.
While I could go on and on for all I am thankful for, I'm keeping it simple as well.
I'm thankful for Brett, my boys, the roof over our heads and our health.
Right now, in this moment I couldn't ask for more. 
I'm happy and fulfilled.
I have a great sense of contentment, which is not always easy for me, and I like how it feels.
I love our life, what we are doing, what we are learning and how we are growing (I know that sounds really cheesy but it's true).
I'm also loving the stages the boys are in right now, while they are sometimes rough, I wouldn't have it any other way. 
I don't want to forget it.

So this year, I'm starting a new tradition.
I'm writing both of the boys letters of thanks, telling each one why I am thankful for them at this time in their lives. 
I'll put them away in their keepsake boxes and hopefully years from now we can sit around the table at Thanksgiving dinner and cry as we read all the letters I have written over the years..
At least that's how I see it playing out in my head. 
I know things will change as time goes on and I don't want to forget why I'm thankful for each of them in their own special unique way.

Lastly, Happy Thanksgiving to you.
I hope you enjoy the holiday with those you love most.
I know I will be and thanking the Lord for every minute of it. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

  1 Chronicles 29:13
"Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."

No comments: