Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful on Paper. {Week 4}

Today is the last day of Thankful on Paper. 
My last letter is to my parents. 
I thought about writing to them individually but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I wanted to thank them as one. I mean if they weren't together in the first place I wouldn't be here.
While a lot of people can probably thank their parents for creating them, a lot probably can't thank them for being the best people I earth. And seriously my parents are. 
Over the years they have shown me how to be caring, giving, loving, strong, honest and independent.
I am thankful they have shown me the importance of family and togetherness.
I am thankful for their example of a good marriage and how to stick together through the good and the bad. 
I am thankful that they gave me three awesome sisters.
I am thankful they love Brett and the boys. 
I am most thankful for their support, even when they don't agree with me, and for always loving me even when I'm not the easiest to love.
They are truly the greatest parents anyone could ask for and I'm grateful to call them mine.
Looking at this picture reminds me of how thankful I am for them. If it wasn't for the two of them we wouldn't have this fabulous family. 

To see who others are thankful for, click here.

4 comments:

Gee said...

I know it's rare but I'm speechless!! :)
Dad and I read our letter and we're thankful that God has blessed us so!! We are equally thankful to have you as our daughter!! Love you big!!

Rochelle said...

Wow, how beautiful. Isn't it great to have such wonderful parents. You are all truly blessed.
Thanks for sharing and I would like to wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving from Australia.

grey rose (they/them) said...

Beautiful family, precious post. Praise the lord! Thanks for sharing!

Aunt Pam said...

Beautiful. Nuf said ;)