Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Abby's "moomies".

I've been meaning to write about Abby and her "moomies" and it has totally slipped my mind. 
First of all, to clarify, Abby's "moomies" are her pacifiers.
Months ago, when I found out I was pregnant, Erin told Abby that when the baby got here she needed to give him her "moomies". Abby only used them to sleep and this sounded like a wonderful idea to her. She wasn't a baby anymore and the baby was going to need them.
In the months leading up to the arrival of Jacob, Abby would talk about giving away her "moomies" and she would even try to sneak them up my shirt and through my belly button. Priceless if you ask me. 
So the day came when Abby finally got to meet Jacob and give him her "moomies".
I was so proud of her and she was so proud of herself. I really didn't think she would be able to do it.
The funny thing is that I don't have the heart to throw out her little bucket of "moomies". I just can't. She's been fine without them but they are sitting in the closet waiting for her just in case she needs them.

No comments: