Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peas.

Last week at Ethan's preschool the kids were learning about life on the farm.
Each child got to pick a vegetable they wanted to plant and watch grow.
Ethan chose peas.
Funny since he hates peas and could have picked a vegetable he likes, such as carrots.
I love him for things like this.
On Tuesday we brought his little cup of sprouting peas home.
Only problem, I don't know how to make them grow.
So I got online and started researching what kind of soil to get, how much sunlight they need, how much water to give them. 
I surely don't want them to die from lack of care, can you imagine the disappointment on Ethan's face.
They need to be cared for and nourished.
Much like our relationship with God.
How often do we sit and wither away with too little sun, not enough water, and inadequate soil?
I know I do.
I know that for my relationship with God to be fed I need to research, read, apply, and grow.
Oh how I've disappointed the Lord at times for not doing these things.
I started a bible study a couple of weeks ago and I'm being challenged like I haven't been in a long time.
I'm learning about myself, what God wants from me and what I need to be giving Him.
It's a great feeling and I'm loving every minute of the study.
But most of all I'm growing, slowly, but growing, much like Ethan's little cup of peas.



4 comments:

Kelly said...

I really enjoyed this post. With Him we will flourish.
Hope you figure out those peas. ;)

grey rose (they/them) said...

adrian, thanks for sharing this!!
such a great lesson there, in those peas. growing along with you, sweet friend xo

Gee said...

This was marvelous!! Keep growing my dear!! :) I love you!!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i LOVE this so much adrian.
perfect sentiment to got with this moment captured. thanks for linking up!!