Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sitting in the Grass.

I can't believe a whole week has gone by and I have not blogged even once.
Our days are already filling up quickly with holiday activities and it's only December 4th.
That's just crazy!
I'm sure over the next few weeks I will be spending less time on the computer and more time with friends and family, which is a good thing, I'm not complaining.

Today though, we had no plans.
Brett went to watch football with some friends so the boys and I just hung around the house.
I've been terrible about taking pictures of them lately so I grabbed my camera and we headed into the backyard.
I'm so thankful we live in a part of the country that is warm enough to be outside most of the time.
I think I would go crazy with these two in the house all day.

It seems like the leaves are falling from our trees much later this year, probably due to the warmer weather we have had. The boys spent quite a bit of time investigating the leaves, well Ethan more than Jacob. Jacob just had fun throwing them around.

I enjoyed sitting in the grass, soaking up the sun, wearing my Uggs.
I love them.
I started wearing them in the 8th grade and they are still my favorite thing to wear when it starts to get chilly.

The boys eventually started digging as it seems they always do.
I mean, what fun is it being outside if you aren't covered in dirt by lunch time?

Sometimes I forget to stop, sit in the grass and just relax, especially during the holiday season.
I'm glad I took the time today to just sit and play with the boys.
I know they need it just as much as I do too.








5 comments:

Catie said...

I love the picture of the boys sitting by each other.... so cute!!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Your boys are too cute for words! I love how they play together!

sarah said...

ok you need to get that picture of them sitting together blown up big! it is SO cute!! and such a good reminder to just sit and play. :) blessings!

Nancy said...

That is so sweet. Doesn't the time sitting and playing and hanging out just fill up the mom tank? We need that time. Like God says, "Be Still..." So hard, yet He knows better than I do.
BTW: I just grabbed your button. So cute! :)

grey rose (they/them) said...

sweet. this is exactly what we did today, just played. so refreshing and needed. love the photos of your boys, darling!