Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday {week 1}.

A few of the blogs I read take part in The Pleated Poppy's "What I Wore Wednesday" fun. 
Basically it's a reminder to get out of your grubbies and workout clothes and spruce yourself up a bit during the week.
I have to admit, there are many days that I wear sweats or workout clothes and don't put on a stitch of makeup. Having a two year old and an eight month old means lots of time on the floor and it's just more comfortable that way.
Anyway, I thought I'd give this whole thing a try, especially since I think I looked kinda cute this week.
Here goes...


Top: Anthropologies; Jeans: Banana Republic; Necklace: Vintage
I have no shoes on because Jacob was asleep and with hardwood floors shoes make too much noise for the little one, but I wore converse with this since I was going to an outdoor standing only concert. Good decision on my part.
(note to self, clean mirror)

Top: Nordstrom; Jeans: Banana Republic; Shoes: Old Navy
I wore this to Easter brunch at my parents house. It was super comfy while carrying around the baby plus the top hides all the little bumps happening in my middle that I don't necessarily care for at the moment. I really wanted to wear my wedges that I love but I didn't want to pull a Britney and practically drop my child while breaking my ankle all at the same time.


  Top: Old Navy; Jeans: Joe's Jeans; Shoes: Tom's
Not sure why I'm giving you the peace sign, but I'm going with it.
I wore this while running a couple of errands and having a play date at my sister's house. It's not the most glamorous of outfits but it's definitely better than sweats. Also, I'm new to the whole Tom's bandwagon (yep, took me a few years) and I have to say they are the most comfortable shoes ever. I want every color.

Well there you have it...week 1.
My goal for next week is to figure out how to take better pictures of myself, because frankly, these suck. 
Hopefully I'll keep this thing going, if I can remember. 

I'm linking up here...

the pleated poppy blog

3 comments:

Erin said...

cute outfits!

hannah singer said...

great picks! love the striped top on you-you look great in all of these!
xo

Gee said...

what a great idea!! :)